Developing a safety culture can be daunting, but it doesn’t need to be. Putting in some simple measures and processes and then leading by example you can develop a safety culture and through the promotion of the success watch it grow and enhance your business.
The 7 tips to a successful safety culture
- Take leadership – demonstrate commitment, lead by example.
- Identify hazards – control risks
- Define your goals – develop SMART plans to achieve them.
- Ensure your H&S system is organized, keep it simple.
- Ensure safety and health in machines, equipment and workplaces
- Improve training – develop competence and safe behaviour.
7. Invest in people – motivate by participation, reward safe practice
If you need any help just contact Abacus Health and Safety Ltd.